For the last week and a half Marek has been having trouble sleeping. For a whole week he was waking up at 11 pm (he goes to bed at 6) and then again at 4 am and then for good at 5:30 (when he normally wakes up at 6:30). I don't know what it is? Is his body finally telling him 6pm is too early to go to bed? Well I tried letting him go to bed later at 7/730ish for a few nights and it didn't work. Same thing happened. Is it just a 18 month old stage? Could it be a coincidence that this happened right after he got his immunizations or could the conspiracy stories out there have some truth to them?
Whatever the case, it needs to stop! ;)
After a week of this waking up deal I switched him to his big boy bed. Ammon was sleeping 8 hours at night and so I decided I wanted him in his crib so I could have my room to myself. That kicked Marek out of his crib and into his big bed. NOW Marek wakes up WAY more. In fact it is every 2 hours he wakes up. He rolls off his bed or loses his binky and starts crying. He goes back to sleep after I go in and solve his problem, but it still wakes us both up. Thank goodness Ammon sleeps through it!
Changing to his big boy bed does have something to do with his wake up routine, but remember, he was doing this before I switched him as well. I thought if his sleep pattern was off already I might as well switch him now and mess his routine up while it already is messed up! ;)

This is how I found him one morning when I forced him to take a nap cuz I knew he was so tired. Right when I took the picture the flash went off and his eyes shot open. His eyes are definitely open in the pic. I think he only got a 5 min. nap!
He has been grumpy and dragging his horse and binky around the house moping because he is SOO tired he doesn't know what to do with himself. My poor boy. Hopefully he learns to adjust to his growing-up-ness SOON!
Whatever the case, it needs to stop! ;)
After a week of this waking up deal I switched him to his big boy bed. Ammon was sleeping 8 hours at night and so I decided I wanted him in his crib so I could have my room to myself. That kicked Marek out of his crib and into his big bed. NOW Marek wakes up WAY more. In fact it is every 2 hours he wakes up. He rolls off his bed or loses his binky and starts crying. He goes back to sleep after I go in and solve his problem, but it still wakes us both up. Thank goodness Ammon sleeps through it!
Changing to his big boy bed does have something to do with his wake up routine, but remember, he was doing this before I switched him as well. I thought if his sleep pattern was off already I might as well switch him now and mess his routine up while it already is messed up! ;)
This is how I found him one morning when I forced him to take a nap cuz I knew he was so tired. Right when I took the picture the flash went off and his eyes shot open. His eyes are definitely open in the pic. I think he only got a 5 min. nap!
He has been grumpy and dragging his horse and binky around the house moping because he is SOO tired he doesn't know what to do with himself. My poor boy. Hopefully he learns to adjust to his growing-up-ness SOON!





2 comments:
Wow ammon is stinkin' adorable! I can't hardly believe how grown up he is! I love that lil' smile, it's so crazy that he is old enough to really smile on his own like that! And Marek, well he is probably going through a phase...a tough phase but one that shall pass nonetheless. Maybe take him outside and just really wear him out so he'll crash hard when he finally falls asleep? You've probably already tried that though. I love you Sara, you're in my prayers and I'm sure you're gonna make it through this with our studly boys. You're supermom!
Love- Chaz XOxoXO
poor little marek kick out of his bed and left on the floor to fall asleep;) Maybe this is no time to be teasing. I'm sure if you stay strong sara, marek will get back on track. i'm sure you are beat just as much if not more than marek. sorry to hear. keep the updates hopefully marek's phase will end sooner than later.
Ammon has grown just in the short time i left. He's getting more meat on him and is just as cute as ever. Can't wait to see you again and how much the boys have grown. Keep high spirits, the Lord is watching you and knows your needs!!!
Post a Comment