Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ft. Campbell anyone?

Can anyone tell me about Fort Campbell? Anyone been stationed there? Does anyone know about the housing and all that? Is it crummy or pretty decent? I have reason to believe that could possibly be our next duty station. Just a hunch. So, any comments about that place would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Oh, and Grandma Gerholdt: Thanks for moving right when we could possibly live 8 hours away from you!! GRRR! ;)

5 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

Never been there but I've heard only good things. People say it's beautiful and they fly there. Oh yes, your boy will fly. I've also heard they deploy often. Who knows what to believe about deployment as there are always hoards or rumors. You should talk to Tami Oleson in our ward. They're going there in a couple of weeks and just bought a house.

Katie Webb said...

My brother lived there for a couple years and LOVED it. The majority of people live off post in Clarckville Tennessee. My sister in law loved living there. They were really close to a mall and they would take trips to Nashville a lot. I've also heard that they deploy often, but its inevitable no matter where you go. I've actually heard that if you go there straight from flight school you don't fly that much because there are SO many pilots that they usually let the higher ranking guys fly, but that could just be with the Hawks. I don't know. Come to Korea, he'll fly more than he can stand!

Al and Tanya said...

Now, Now Sara honey..... We haven't left yet.... You move closer we could be tempted to stay. (During the summer anyway)

We would love you closer. Need a babysitter for that doll of a Great Grandson??? Gramps says we are available and will be if you get closer.....

Anonymous said...

Hwy girl!
So that is one of the places that we put on our dream sheet. Never been there but i have never heard anything bad about it, always really good things and that they want to go back. The only bad thing I heard was that if you move there, live on the Tennessee side not the Kenntucky side. I guess the Kenntucky side is ghetto. But other than that, YAY!!! And, for me it is only 5 1/2 hrs from my family.

thejencooper said...

Hey Guys! That was one of our choices. We have only heard good things. Everyone we have talked to who had lived there loved it. :)